Our sessions are relaxed and casual and we encourage you to wear something that you feel great in! Jeans, scarves, textures and layers are great and we also love bright colours. For kids we have a selection of props for your session. You can bring accessories such as hats, textured sweaters or tutus.
For babies bring a soft blanket, a favourite hat and outfit, or just bare skin and a cute diaper cover. If you can’t decide, bring along a couple of changes of clothes and we can help you choose.
Larger Groups. We recommend you allow approximately one hour for your shooting session for groups of 6 or more to help us make sure we get the best smiles or expressions from everyone. We’ll make sure to also take photos of individuals, just the kids, and some candid, fun shots. For groups casual or dressy, similar tones are always best but there’s no need to match.
- Decide how dressy or casual you want your photos to be.
- Pick a color scheme with two or three colors. With larger extended family groups it’s best to keep your color choices simple. You might want to pick a basic colour and an accent colour.
- You can add layers, textures, and accessories for interest but avoid logos.
- Make sure your family unit looks coordinated alone since we’ll be doing some individual family pictures too.
- Communicate it clearly with the rest of the group so there will be no surprises on the day of the session!
We’ve put together a idea board for family and lifestyle sessions from PINTEREST. Click on the link to see lots more. NOTE: The photography on this board is not our photography. For photography sources click on the link above.